A good idea for succeeding with money is to pledge to, as Sammy Rabbit says, "From every dollar, save a dime." If you get in the habit of saving a dime from every dollar you receive, you will be surprised at how much you will save! Here are a few easy Goal Setting Steps to follow:
- Tell your parents about your plan
- Set a goal for how much you want to save this year.
- Write down your savings goal and put it where you can see it. We’ve created a goal sheet that you can print out or you can create your own. Click here to view and print yours now!
- Pay yourself first-set aside the 10% or more you want to save as soon as you get money in, before you spend on anything else.
- If you pass your goal, set another one. This is exactly how Olympic champion swimmer Michael Phelps sets his goals, and look at what he has accomplished!
We have a Coinstar™ machine in the lobby of our Pasadena Branch. You can bring in your Coins (no need to wrap them anymore), put them in the machine for free (up to $100 a day) and it will tell you how much money you have by printing it on a piece of paper. Then you can take it to the teller and she or he will put the money in your PFCU account.
And here’s the best part: when you bring in or mail your savings goal certificate, we’ll put it on the wall in our Kid’s Corner and we will also give you a Sammy Rabbit book and a PFCU piggy bank to help you save even more money! If your parents approve, we can also help you sign up for online banking so you can go online together whenever you'd like to check your account balance.
We can't wait to see you and help you make your dreams come true!
Download "40 Money Management Tips for College Students" and other materials free at Smart About Money